What's this all about?

I have now owned my Morris Minor for 10 years. When I aquired her she was in bits so I embarked on a long and endless journey of education about these wonderful cars - with the aid of my Dad and various other Morris Minor enthusiasts who are always willing and eager to work on the fabulous cars! I have much experience of using the various publications on offer when carrying out maintenance/repairs on Moffy. They have included the ever popular 'Haynes Manual', the Morris Minor 1000 Workshop Manual, and the Glovebox edition of the Handbook. But all of these don't seem to include stuff I have needed to fix/break/cry over during the years. Also they can be quite difficult to follow for a lay person who isn't a mechanic in their spare time! So I have finally got round to doing this webblog that will hopefully serve to provide information/source of amusement to anyone who is having similar problems with their MM with details and photos as I go about maintaining/improving(hopefully) Moffy.

Wednesday, March 21

Clankety Clank repair time! A quick look underneath Moffy and it was clear what the problem was.




So I ordered a new bracket and bottom bolt
First thing was to remove the old bracket and clean up the top bolt and nut





It took me a while (and phone call to my Dad) to work out how to get the new bracket over the pipe.


Whilst getting the bracket on I discovered that there was another one further back – completely rusted away!

It was tricky to get the strap through the top and the new bolt through the bottom as the bracket got a little squished whilst I tried various methods of widening the gap.
Cost : £1.90
Time: 2.5 hours – rusty bolts!
Difficulty: Easy – apart from getting the rusty bolts undone.
Injury Level: nothing – yey!

No comments: